Dimensions After hydrate (per sheet): 34.5 x 25 x 2.8cm (Length x Width x Thickness)
Did you know?
Techni ice is the actual brand used by Department of Defense, CFA, SES, Police, Ambulance, Qantas, Air France, KLM, Dept. of Primary industries, Royal Flying Doctor Service, McDonalds, Australian Navy, Air Force, Coles and thousands of other companies and government departments worldwide that require the highest level of cold chain performance and reliability.
Techni Ice Reusable Dry Ice Pack
At last, a new technology that is a vast improvement on traditional gel packs and ice.
Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs 4ply comprises of 2 non-woven textile layers, which encapsulate a specially formulated cross-linked polyacrylate polyalcohol co-polymer refrigerant combined with a post treated trade secret formula. An additional 2 heavy duty plastic layers, containing a one-way micro perforation technology are bonded to the textile layers. This ensures that this new model can withstand the harshest of operational climates with performance that can only be described as revolutionary.
"Re-usable dry ice?"
A remarkable leap forward in ice pack technology utilizing a cross-linked polyacrylate polymer that can be frozen right down to minus 190C (that's more than twice as cold as dry ice!).Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are often frozen in blast freezers to minus 80C when used in dry ice applications.
How do I activate my new Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs?
Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs start as a flat sheet and absorbs water through a special perforation technology in the surface of the product. This is achieved by scrunching the sheets between your hands whilst immersed in warm water for a few minutes until the air bubbles have escaped. The hydration process will now begin and the cells will swell ready for the products to be used both cold or hot.
The water enters through the surface and activates the polymer, which then swells the sheet into 24 individually sealed cells Which enables the product to be flexible when frozen and cut to size.
Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs can be used hot, cold or frozen and can not only keep your food and drinks icy cold for days on end in cooler but is also very effective at reducing battery consumption when placed in 12 volt fridge/freezers due to its eutectic qualities, which minimize thermostat activity.
Factory certification of ISO-9002 ensures that our Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are manufactured to the highest international standards. Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are a certified food safe product manufactured in Australia, using cutting edge technology machinery and processes that are currently the most advanced in the world.
Techni Ice Chillers comprises two outer layers of sandwich printed PET/LDPE blended laminate, which gives the product its printability and heat salability.
There are another two inner layers which comprise a high strength spun bonded synthetic fiber non-woven fabric which incorporates a high degree of strength and abuse resistance.
The super-absorbent polymer is a cross-linked polyacrylate copolymer, these types of polymers absorb many, many times their own weight in water in addition to their contribution as an innovative technology refrigerant.
Techni Ice Reusable Dry Ice Packs Hydration Tips-HDR Model
1.To hydrate your Techni ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs faster use warm water.
2.Keep Techni ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs fully immersed whilst hydrating the cells as water enters from both sides to activate polymer.
3.scrunch sheets between hands whilst fully immersed in warm water until the air bubbles have escaped and cells have commenced hydration. Your Techni ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are ready to use.
Techni Ice Reusable Dry Ice Packs Usage Tips-HDR Model
Your Techni ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs should start frozen. A gradual cold transfer will take place which slowly transfers the cold energy from Techni ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs into the perishables and drinks, etc. This will eventually leave the Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs cells in the softer state and the perishables and drinks icy cold for a long period. You will note that the Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs cells still retain significant chill factor even in the eventual softer state.
Hints for optimum performance of your Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs
1. Always use a minimum of 1 sheet per 7-8 liters of cooler size. The more mass of Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs the better, and the longer it will last. Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs take up less room than regular water ice, and is lighter.
2. Place a sheet or more on top of your food, as cold falls.
3. The colder the food or drinks are when placed into the cooler, the longer Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs will keep them that way.
4. Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs can also be cut to size, between the individual cells, to fit your application.
5. If you are going away for an extended period, turn your freezer to maximum freeze(approx. -18C) for 3 or 4 days before departing. Unlike water ice, Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs being an industrial refrigerant, will maintain temperatures beyond -25C. The lower the temperature Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are frozen at, the longer it stays frozen.
6. Storage. When not using your Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs they can be stored in an open plastic bag in a cupboard or freezer. They are virtually maintenance free, but can be run under the water every so often to maintain or regain hydration. Remember to leave a thumb indentation in each cell for room to expand whilst freezing.
7. Travel Hint. Say you are going away for a long period. If you take 2 coolers you can take full advantage of Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs commercial performance. Freeze several sheets and put them in your spare cooler. Fill your first cooler as usual with another lot for immediate use. When the first set thaws out, replace them from the second cooler, and continue your trip.
8. Do not mix Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs with regular ice as regular ice melts much faster and will absorb the energy from Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs to try and stay frozen, resulting in Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs losing its chill much quicker than if used by itself.
9. Hot Body. To use Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs hot, place in microwave in increments of 1 minute making sure after each minute that Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs are not too hot to place on your body or use. Always use a towel between your body and the product and remove immediately if it feels too hot.
10. Hot Food. Techni Ice reusable dry ice packs / gel packs can be used inside ice boxes or cooler bags for keeping food hot.
Customer ReviewsBased on 12 reviews92%(11)0%(0)0%(0)0%(0)8%(1)T
12 Techni Ice Heavy Duty Reusable Dry Ice packsR
I have been using Techni Ice Packs for over 20 years most every day, they are clean, so easy to use, bit of a quick wash, back into freezer overnite and into cooler bag in the morning AND the best part is they stay COLD ALLDAYS
We have mixed feelings about your Technice product.
We love the concept of being able to utilise sub zero freezing temperature capabilities and the flexibility to cut the ice packs to size.
We purchased 10 sheets and used them for the Woodford Folk Festival in Queensland between 26th Dec to 2nd Jan for a 3 person camp. During this time we experienced temperatures in 38-41C - quite extreme conditions.
We followed the instructions (Technice video) on preparing the Technice packs where they were frozen for 3 days in the lead up to the camp.
We took two Dometic 70litre rotomoulded refridgeration grade foam eskies and added three 2litre frozen (3days) milk containers in each esky. The night before each esky was pre-cooled with a single 2l frozen milk carton.
One Waeco 38litre refridgeration grade foam esky was loaded with ice and 1x 2l milk carton along with juices, beer and soft drinks.
The two Dometic eskies were filled similarly with the frozen milk cartons and 2.5kg ice, however one esky kept the frozen meats and spare milks; and the other kept the refrigerated veges and dairy items and a breakfast juice. We also used several clear plastic moulded tubs to keep food items way from the water.
We placed the Technice on top of the food items and up to where the esky lid closes.
Each day we added 2.5kg of ice and kept the chilled water in the base of the esky. We also made sure the eskies we never in direct sunlight and they were stored under a marque. We also made sure the Technice sheets were never in contact with the water.
Overall we are unclear about the effectiveness of the Technice product as we used a few cooling methods and they were used under extreme heat conditions. In addition the Technice guide suggested 10 sheets per esky where we used only 5 in each as we wanted to have food in the esky and not just the cooling products.
The frozen food esky kept the Technice ice frozen for up to 3 days whereas the vege esky kept cold for 1-2 days.
A major issue we had at the outset and became worse during the camp was the sliminess of the product. Each time we needed to access the esky the Technice needed to be handled and the sliminess stuck to fingers and needed to be washed off our hands and eventually products it came in contact with.
Although Technice state the product is non-toxic we felt uncomfortable about the slime and if this was a health concern or not. Plus, if this got into the ice kept in the esky’s and we used the ice in our drinks, were we consuming the product. These days it's a bit hard to know what is true from both government and the corporate machinery and everything else a 50+ year old tries to make sense of nowadays.
At this stage we think the Technice is ineffective however I intend to give it another go in less extreme heat conditions and re-access after.
Since the sliminess is an issue for us, I recommend that your team advise consumers to store the Technice sheets in a large zip lock bag. We ended up putting 3 of the Techni-ice from the vege/fruit esky into bags to reduce this problem as they needed to be handled often and the slimy experience was very uncomfortable.
I was hoping that the Technice product lived up to its claims as my intention was to recommend this use for our local scout group and the wider district to save the need for more ice on a 2-3 day camps.
If your technical team can advise us on better use of the product then please let me know and I'll apply it on my next camp. I am happy to take a call from your team if you wanted to discuss this on more detail.
At this point I'd be rating Technice 1 star out of 5.